Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, October 13, 2005

No. This cannot be happening...

Another mouse in the dog's water bowl.

Really. The dog's water bowl has proven to be the most effective trap so far.

The Husband God Gave Me is not home.

Youngest Son is not helpful in matters mouse.

I tried to show the pets, but they hummed to themselves and looked the other way.

Son-in-law is already at work.

I cannot flush this, due to a childhood memory of a mouse I was playing with that eventually ended up doing the deadman's float in the potty. I would not sit on a potty for YEARS.

Wouldn't you say that my yet to be born grandson looks like he might be developing the bravery and courage that his father has? There IS a future hope.

Last summer we had the "mouse that refused to die". We had traps set everywhere. Every morning the bait was gone, and that sassy mouse would appear, stand on it's two hind legs and scream 'nya, nya, na, nya, nya'. The Husband God Gave Me suggested that maybe instead of traps, we should just give the thing a name and get out the old hamster wheel.

But, the waterpark theme IS proving to be more successful.

3 comments:

Heather Plett said...

Oh dear. My heart goes out to you. I can handle almost anything better than I can handle mice.

Judy said...

Youngest Son, today you have become a man!

Thank you for removing the dead mouse for me.

I remain forever in your debt. Figuritively speaking, that is.

Anonymous said...

Well, glad you had some help disposing of said creature!! I do hate mice too...we have a bug problem though that is about as bad (well it is the south you know!). I looked and looked on the internet as nothing we have done seems to totally eradicate them. I found the name of them (which I cannot remember at the moment) and it gave no encouragement...saying it was near impossible to get rid of them. The latest thing I found them in was a packet of chili seasoning! I thought THAT was supposed to be a bug deterrant! Oh well, must keep searching. I do not intend to let them win!!
Elizabeth