Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, February 23, 2007

Preview Page


(click to enlarge)

Okay. Since I had an 'empty nest' day today I began my book.

Here is the roughest of rough drafts ever.

One more page appears on my Inky Fingers site www.judyh58b.blogspot.com

Hopefully, I will be adding more.

I think I will tweak things up a bit and do this one for Baby Boy with Daughter as 'the mom'.

I'm trying to get the hang of quick sketches. I just get so I'm okay at it, and then I don't do it for so long I forget everything. I might have to go with pen and watercolor.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Good morning Judy,

Love your first page and I also love your picture. The labels are funny and add just the perfect touch.

Heather Plett said...

Great idea for a book! I want a copy when you're done - to show my kids what a mom does all day. Every once in awhile, I ask them to do something and thay moan and say "how come I have to do all the work around here?" HA!

Anonymous said...

M & M's are brainfood around here Judy!!

Anonymous said...

when DO YOU sleep??? I declare your mind must run 100 mph...I am so impressed!!

MissKris said...

Writing's the same way...if we don't keep at it we get rusty. I think back on my early blog entries and I cringe, haha! But I love your sketches, Judy. I think they rate right up there with any other childrens' illustrations I've ever seen!! And what a brilliant idea, a book about MOM for a change...sheeeeesh. We're the most self-sacrificing species EVER!!

MissKris said...

Oh, and I'm with Elizabeth...when DO you sleep??? ;-)