Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, March 29, 2007

Just Another Random Thursday


Thanks for adding comments to the post below. I find the subject of imaginary audiences to be very intriguing. The thought that they existed first occurred to me many years ago when THGGM and I were on a committee to start a middle school at the elementary school our children attended. We were required to read a book by Gloria Someone (i've forgotten her name). In it she discussed the two main beliefs that middle school aged children hold. One was 'nothing bad will ever happen to me' and the other, 'everyone is watching me'. Since I NEVER at any age believed the first one my mind really tried to wrap itself around the second.

And with keeping this random...

My mom and dad came today. My dad can drive again! He says that his leg isn't bothering him much at all. His knees are. His arthritic knees didn't bother him at all when he couldn't walk. He also has noticed that his breathing is showing improvement. He was able to go to lunch with friends while Baby Boy entertained my mom and I at lunch. My mom was doing very well when she was here. Not so well when THGGM went over there tonight, but we will take the good times and rejoice in them, take pictures of them and spread them all over Baby Boy's blog. He ADORES his great grandparents. They have such an amazing relationship with him.

I watched "The Office" marathon tonight. I used to work in that office. It is SO painful to watch. No kidding, Michael Scott was the boss. Even looked just like him. Although my boss was named Steve Lastnamesoundslikeafruit. This was in the late 1970's. We had an employee who ran the check sorter third shift. He was going to have a sex change operation so we had to have 'meetings' on how we had to deal with him. I never sat through a more uncomfortable meeting in my life. I am SURE that whoever wrote the episodes which aired tonight worked there to. I wonder if Steve Lastnamesoundslikeafruit ever watches that show and says HEY! That's ME! Because, it IS him.

Is it okay to confess this here? I still have such a crush on Mr. Rogers. I'm not a fan of the Neighborhood of Make Believe and Lady Elaine Fairchild still scares me nearly senseless, but Mr. Rogers...Oooooo...he is GOOD people. Why is that show on at 5:30 in the morning? Are there really people who get up that early? Thankfully Youngest Son set it to record for me. Don't tell anyone, but I even watch it on Friday, even though Baby Boy isn't here.

And, I am still sick. I've managed to be able to care for Baby Boy, as he has been sweet, charming and very capable of entertaining himself, as long as I applaud at the correct times. It seems that the fever hasn't come back tonight, but the sore throat and cough are hanging on. I have not made dinner all week. A girl could get used to this.

I've finished reading "Remembering" by Wendell Berry. Nephew Chris, I am sure you would like it. I especially liked how it ended. There is nothing worse than reading a book and finding that the ending isn't plausible. This one plaused just fine for me.

A week ago Thursday I sat in the living room happily cropping all of the pictures I took at the Meijer Gardens. Unbeknownst to me at the time, as I sat here, the Sal's Pizza RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET AND VISIBLE TO ME OUT THE WINDOW was robbed at gun point. A large evergreen tree blocks my seeing their door, but most nights I watch the guy behind the counter moving around. I noticed nothing. (click on picture above and you will see what i see when i am on my laptop.)

Nate, whom I mentioned earlier, has not yet died. Please pray for his family. They are waiting for him to die a natural death so that his organs can be donated. What anguish they must be going through. I keep asking Youngest Son how they are doing, which is SUCH a lame thing to ask. How would YOU be doing, watching your 25 year old slowly die?

Daughter saw our former nextdoor neighbors this week. We might have lived in a bad neighborhood before, but we were surrounded by wonderful neighbors. Sandy lived nextdoor to us for several years before she married Gary. Gary was a big guy. Daughter was SHOCKED to see Gary. He has been battling cancer and has lost 270 pounds. What I remember most about them is the cute story of how Gary surprised Sandy with an out of the country honeymoon. He should have told her. THGGM and I spent their wedding night digging through all of their personal papers looking for birth certificates so they could fly out of the country. We found them, faxed them and they had a wonderful time. The good news is he has been cancer free for four months.

Tomorrow, with cooperation, we will find out what kind of baby New Baby is! Either kind will be just fine with all the parties involved. Convenience or Variety? Stay tuned tomorrow...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT NEWS on your dad!!! So glad to hear it...and glad that there are still good days with mom!!

Have you looked into her iron levels?...did some research the last few days on internet...there are links to too much iron, even in vitamin supplements that can cause ALL kinds of trouble...even contribute to Alzheimer's...go look into it and check out the vitamins, and other products!!