Oh! What an event!
The closet windowsill Robin has laid her eggs!
I wish I could get a clearer picture, but the rain earlier in the week splashed mud from the nest onto the window. Now I will leave her alone to hatch them. THGGM will just have to go buy a new row of shirts. I don't think he will mind.

6 comments:
I love it! Beautiful. Enjoy watching new life :)
What fun. Muddy pictures are fine. Keep them coming, especially after the eggs hatch.
So that's what "robins' egg blue" looks like. Very pretty. You even matched your font colour to it!
Oh how cool! I had no idea that robin eggs were such a vibrant color.
We nearly always have robins under the deck. Last year I was checking out the babies and when I popped out from under the deck, the parents began to dive bomb me.
I found that fascinating so I grabbed the camera and photographed them as they flew at me...I guess I am cruel.
This year there is a row of about six half completed nests under the deck...some are falling off for some reason the dumb bird isn't using mud.
Yesterday I went under the deck to give some fish food to the tadpoles. And boy did the bird who I startled scold me.
I never realized that they were such a DEEP shade of blue.
I'm sure in honor of the eggs, the new shirt THGGM bought is of a similiar hue.
What a guy, that one.
So far, she hasn't tried to dive-bomb me. She makes a lot of noise if I let the cat out. Like my cat would ever climb the side of a house...
Once they hatch, I will NOT let the cat out!
Post a Comment