Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What I Am Reading

I brought four books by Christopher de Vinck with me on this vacation.

I absolutely love how this man thinks and writes.

Truly, it's been the PERFECT reading material for me.





About a month ago, on the day that my mom was so 'out of it' from the new medication she had taken, mom, Baby Boy and I were watching "Mr. Roger's". It is one of our favorite Thursday morning activities. Anyway...Mr. Roger's had the poet, May Sarton on. I was all excited about that because I love her poems. Then, who should appear in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood to take Ms. Sarton to her next visit at a school, but Christopher de Vinck! I was SOOO excited I nearly fell off my seat! Of course, this was a very old Mr. Roger's - from the 1980's I believe - but still.
The sad thing was, there was NO ONE I could tell, at least not that could care. I told my mom and Baby Boy all about how Christopher de Vinck found a comment I had left on another blog and contacted me. How he sent me three of his books, and how much I admire this man.
Neither of them seemed to understand my excitement.
Oh well. The two of them often say things that I don't understand, yet I listen respectfully and nod.
If you like contemplative reading that really 'says' something, go look for his books. I love them. I think you would, too.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Gotta go - soon!