Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Saturday

Fabulous thrift finds were aplenty. For under a dollar I was able to buy "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius. Now I have a collection of twelve.
I also bought, for 69 cents, this 'thing'. It has eight of the coolest Chinese figures on each of it's eight sides. I have plans for this!




I liked that the bottom of it is was 'stamped'.



The 'Technic' book was 10 cents. I love the picture AND the color of the cover. It has great line drawings inside, which made it well worth the dime.




This bit of doubled lace - all 84 inches of it was only 50 cents. I found a few other bits and pieces of what-not. More books, little toys for Jonge, a snow suit for Famke. THGGM found a black cashmere sweater and a red corduroy Polo shirt. He also found a great glass bowl. But, I dropped in while bringing it into the house. It had a stand. We still have that.




And, to finish up our day, we went to a wedding! Son-in-law's roommate from his time at Michigan Tech, Brennen, married the lovely Angela. The wedding and reception were beautiful.
In between the wedding and reception THGGM and I shopped in downtown Rockford, MI. We used to shop there ALL the time.

We found something that we were looking for! A carved sign for over our bed which reads "Always Kiss Me Goodnight." Of course, I can't just hang it up plain, so I will embellish it a bit before it goes up. And, THGGM has a nasty cold, so, maybe I should add "Almost" to the sign.
Before we went to the reception, we drove around the area where it was held. Beautiful hilly lawns overlooking tree tops. The day was gorgeous and the sky - full of perfect clouds. When we got to the reception, my seat faced out onto that beautiful scene. As soon as I was settled in, I noticed a dark gray cloud along the horizon, which grew larger and larger as the night progressed. After about an hour and a half, it went away. Later, watching the news at 11, we learned that it was a fire at a factory in a city miles and miles away.
Anyway, back to the wedding, Brennen and Angela made a beautiful bride and groom. They didn't look like the traditional wedding cake-topper couple, Angela is very tall and Brennen is Korean - but the obvious joy on their faces made them one of the best looking wedding couples I have ever seen. I'll never look at a wedding cake-topper again without thinking that they actually don't look quite as happy as Brennen and Angela did on their wedding day. May it always be so!





No comments: