Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Why I Like Kathleen Norris



"When last I was home and attending church, the children's choir sang "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam," a song I remember singing as a child. I suppose I loved it then. What made their song so marvelous in the context of our worship that day was that it was followed by a reading from Jeremiah 14 that made it clear that God did not
want Jeremiah for a sunbeam. Gifts differing, I suppose." - Kathleen Norris, "The Cloister Walk" p. 133

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I love her too.

Judy said...

I've read "Amazing Grace", now I am looking forward to reading more of her.