Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Seeing Blurry


I love these two blurry surreal looking pictures.
The one on the left is Famke.
Even though the picture is not clear, it captures something of her.
Maybe it is just her age, and how quickly everything changes.
She is now up and running.
Running, running, running everywhere.

The picture on the right is Jonge, when he was about the age Famke is now.
The way the light is shining on him - there is just something about it - I cannot name it exactly, but a sense of not being able to capture the passing of time.
Not even in a picture.
I had a rare 'deep thought' today.
One of those thoughts that breaks open into deep, dark, 'better left untouched' territory.
I came here to write about it. But, somethings are just better left unsaid.
And, maybe unthought.
Then, I thought happy thoughts and EVERYTHING was better.
Not.
(do people still say 'not' like that? i'm soooo out of touch.)
But, I did think TRUE thoughts. Truth helps. Even truth that hurts, helps.

4 comments:

MissKris said...

Our minds travel more paths in a day's time than our feet do, true? In the past couple of months with so many sleep-disrupted and sleepless nites, my mind has travelled down some pretty dark paths at times, too. Those are the moments when I begin praying for anyone and everyone and I find that helps ease the anxiety. I love these photos, Judy...LOVE them. I cannot tell you how much I admire your photographic ability. Your grandbabies will truly be blessed some day, having such a treasure trove of their lives recorded for them.

Yvonne said...

Awesome photos! Age the one of Jonge, and you could claim it is a photo from the 30's! Hang in there - dark thoughts are all around us - let some of that light that is landing on Jonge land on you - keep the faith.

Melissa said...

But, I did think TRUE thoughts. Truth helps. Even truth that hurts, helps.

joyce said...

can i come to your house? Its soooo purdy.