Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, November 23, 2008

Ideas and Dreams


Do you ever have those dreams that every time you walk through a door in your house there is another wing to the house that you never knew existed?

I have this dream ALL THE TIME.

But, even more frightening is the fact that while I am perfectly wide awake, I keep opening drawers, closets, bins and boxes full of projects that I have started, put away and have totally forgotten about.

This has been going on for years now.

Some of it is stuff I've bought at thrift stores and stuck somewhere until I find the drawer, closet, bin or box that it needs to go into. But, I can never seem to find the correct place, so I start a new one.

This must be why I've become such a piler. If it's in a pile, at least I can sort of SEE it.

I also spend January - November buying things that could be used as Christmas presents. But, I can never find those either.

Or, I find them and they just seem really stupid.

Worse, I just can't let go of it.

Today I worked on a doll for Famke. I really liked the first one I made.

I knew it was perfect when I brought it out last Sunday to show my sister, and Daughter pronounced it "Hideous". A 'hideous' from her means it looks exactly how I wanted it to look.

But, even I think the new one is bad. Scarey, even.

And, now I have several new piles to wade through, as I'm going to have to try again.

If only I could find that magical world of 'where it belongs' that everyone is always returning things to.

I don't have one.

I have hundreds.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

hundreds of worlds are better than none at all...