Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, January 08, 2009

That Boy.


After Jonge leaves my house there are many things that I must return to their rightful home.
He has different ideas of how things around my house should be.
Take this magnetic frame for example.
Every time he leaves, the magnets look like this.
I like to have the magnets firmly securing the picture in each corner.

I actually bought the frame (half price!) years ago at a small store going out of business in Saugatuck. I told THGGM that I planned to make more, as it looked easy enough - and now I realize that I never have. Hmmm. That sounds like me.
Anyway, back to Jonge and the magnets.
Yesterday as I held the sleeping Famke, Jonge reached over and moved the magnets back into this position.
He was talking as he did so, but I was sort of nodding off, too.
He looked at me and said with the stern authority of a little boy of three, "Beppe, LEAVE the magnets like THIS!".
"But I don't LIKE them like that", I answered back.
He replied, "Yes you do! Pake's favorite color is yellow, my favorite color is red, your favorite color is blue and mommy's favorite color is green! So don't move them!"
I won't.
No. I won't.
And, just for the record (because we all now know that there IS a record), this boy is Pake's boy.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I had to smile at your Christmas in the kitchen comment (and the voice of your Mom).

I like knowing he has a very good reason for the order of the magnets.

Yvonne said...

A purpose for everything! Oops, slipped and revealed Famke's name....but I knew it already!

anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...they sure do know how to put us in our place. :) I love it when I find out the reasons for what they do.