Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, April 24, 2009

I Made This


This bookmark is made from a 1st edition Bobbsey Twins in the Country book (click image to enlarge).
I bought it at the thrift store for cheap.
No way would I have paid much for it, because of a pet-peeve of mine.
I HATE IT when the thrift store people put the price tag sticker on the PICTURE on the front of the books. It RUINS the picture when one tries to remove the sticker.
So today I found this book, purchased months ago, hidden away and thought I ought to make something of it.
The spine still looked good.
And on the front cover only Freddie Bobbsey's face had been damaged by the sticker removal.
I had just made a paper hat out of white tissue paper, so the packing tape was out.
I remembered having read somewhere about making a 'transfer' out of packing tape, so I tried it on Flossie.
She transferred nicely from the front cover of the book to the spine.
Next, I covered both sides with packing tape, rounded all four corners, punched a hole and added ribbon. I think it needs vintage ribbon, so I'll change it when I come across my stash. Until then, this will do nicely.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

This is awesome....