Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, April 25, 2009

Magical Saturday


It rained buckets around here today.
That caused the magnolia tree to bloom.
So fearful was I that all of the blossoms would wash away that I sent THGGM across the street in the rain to take a picture of it.
He is a good man. They are hard to find.
Anyway..,
I had plans to go to Alaine's garage sale today. On the way THGGM dropped me off at a thrift store so I could shop while he went to Marge's Donut Den for a donut. I cannot have donuts. No. No donuts for me. But, while I was in the thrift store it began 'the raining of the buckets', which I do not believe EVER stopped. It is STILL raining.
So, we changed plans and went dirt shopping instead. I found some seeds to go with my bags of potting soil and THGGM bought his yearly lawn treatment stuff and priced lawn mowers, as our lawn mower died a hideous death last year.
Next we went to Michael's where I bought three stuffed bunnies for 90% off. All they had left were two boy bunnies and one girl bunny. Just what I will need next year (psst.., judy.., you are going to put them on the shelf in the bedroom closet).
While the rain continued to fall, we ate our lunch at Hunan. I love to eat lunch at Hunan. There we decided that we would see if Jonge was available to go to the magic show at the nursing home where my mom lives.
He was.
We went.
It was magically wonderful!
Birds. Goldfish. Cute bunny.
The magic was great, surprising to me as I've never been a fan of illusion (illusion confusion gives me a headache).
The most amazing magic was watching Jonge enjoy something with his great grandma and grandpa. They had more fun watching him watch the magician and THGGM and I enjoyed watching THEM watch him watching the magician.
Yes. It was a magical Saturday.
Despite the buckets of rain.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,sound like a nice day, even though mother nature was not so nice!!!but thank God we are here.

anonymous said...

There's always NEXT weekend for garage sales! ;o)
I was not too happy with the weather. Mike and I went on our "hot date" to Walmart to get a Mr. Potato Head. Yup...we're exciting people, too.

MissKris said...

What?! You didn't make it to the garage sale? And here I was hoping to hear about the two of you meeting face to face. Well...maybe next weekend if it quits raining there, ha!

MissKris said...

PS...If it's any consolation to you, Judy, I didn't make it to her garage sale, either. ;-P

Unknown said...

Look, ma! I'm blogging again!

Pat said...

Sounds like a great weekend, especially the grands enjoying their day...which caused you to enjoy yours!
It didn't rain much over on my side of the state, it just kept threatening, but turned out to be a bully, all wind and no action!

Debra said...

Hey! Thanks for alerting me to the fact that ours is a magnolia tree! I saw yours then did a search and saw a couple close-up photos. I was thinking ours was a dogwood, even though the flowers didn't quite match up. So again, thanks, and I'm glad you had a magical Saturday! Blessings, Debra

daisymarie said...

We're getting the rain today. And someone turned all the heat off. "(

I love the magnolia pic. Your hubby is a very good man!

Your description of the magic show audience made me smile! It's a good thing he entertained Jonge--or what would the rest of you had to watch?

Karen said...

Love seeing your house nestled among the magnolias.