This week has been 'appointment week' in my corner of the world.
Tuesday - Primary Care
Thursday - Dermatologist
Thursday - Care Team Meeting at Nursing Home
Friday - Cardiologist for Echo and consult
Daughter also has an appointment tomorrow. Only six weeks until her due date! Six Weeks.
SIX WEEKS.
My mom and dad both appear to be in very good shape for the shape they are in.
Tomorrow we shall miss the "Mother's Day Tea" at the nursing home. When my dad mentioned that to someone at the home today it was amazing to see how the word spread and that he was assured that my mom would have 'daughters' to sit with her. That made us feel better. Not that my mom would 'remember' one way or the other, but WE KNOW.
As THGGM mentioned to me tonight, there is no way to put a price tag on the care shown by the nursing home staff and the other residence.
My mom has been in the nursing home for almost a year and a half. I still have not come to terms with it. But, today's visit was delightful and the meeting went very well. I don't think we could ask for more!
Now, to yesterday...
During nap time we ALWAYS sing at least three songs. Jonge chooses one, Famke chooses one and I choose one. Jonge likes a wide variety of music, but tends to choose looooong songs as he is aware that the looooonger the song, the looooonger I stay in the room. Famke ONLY chooses 'Wiggles'. Any song that The Wiggles sing will do. My choices differ greatly from theirs. Yesterday it was To God Be the Glory. Apparently, I stopped singing before Jonge was sound asleep. From his pillow I heard him softly say, "More glory, Beppe. More glory."
Monday we shall go for the Doxology, with the five-fold Amens.

3 comments:
I'm not sure we can ever come to terms with it. It isn't how we planned things would be. It isn't what we want. We must think she is being well cared for probably better than we could care for her at home and you are not ruining your health trying to care for her. Did you know that many care givers die before their parents. Like you I am thankful for the nursing home. But want her to be there - never - it will never happen.
Hugs
Rita
The cat doesn't seem to mind the kids. Ours heads for the hills ... or rather the depths.
I love hearing about the fun things you do with your grandkids. Makes me want some.
Post a Comment