This is what I did today.
Between loads of laundry and other bits of house work.
I am working to perfect the round pin cushion.
Sadly, I am not having much luck.
I thought that the problem came from the area where I was doing the whip stitching that closed the seam where I stuffed in the stuffing.
So, after making three less than round pin cushions, I finally got the bright idea NOT to stuff it from that seam.
The forth time I sewed the two circles together and then cut a slit in the perfectly good fabric and stuffed it from the bottom.
It still is not round.
I give up!
One might think that a rectangular pillow for Famke's doll bed might come out straight.
Oh, you silly reader you.
I wonder what it feels like to be GOOD at something. Anything.
Apparently, I shall never know.

5 comments:
You are the very best mom and grandmom! What more could anyone want to be? That is the ultimate. PS, I love the pincushions and pillow.
Hi Judy,
I'm a long-time lurker. I love your pincushions! I make dolls and have had the challenge of making round heads. You might, if you haven't already, make a circle template and trace around it on the fabric. Then stitch on the line with small machine stitches, turning ever so slightly after each1/8" or 1/4". Stuffing from the bottom is a good way to do it too. You can always put a little felt patch over it to hide the opening. Just remember, handmade should never be perfect! It's all about the charm...
Good is made in a factory, Perfect is what you make.
Silly girl. You are the perfect Beppe.
Oh, you silly writer you.
You are perfectly you and so incredibly good at turning nothing into something. You are such a marvelous gift to those chilren. They are growing up in such a creative and positive place. You are so far beyond good!
Post a Comment