Because if I am as old as I feel, I'm WAAAY beyond 51.
On Monday, which was my birthday, I had the great pleasure of spending it with Jonge and Famke.
Jonge and I played catch in the back yard, while Famke danced around with some sort of Star Wars-y type thingy. One of my secret talents is throwing a ball and taking a picture at the same time.
I did have to stop once to remind Jonge that his failure to catch EVERY pitch is not necessarily the fault of the pitcher. Anyway.., he has a very good arm..JPG)
My irises REALLY blossomed while we were in Traverse City.
I admire that one in the middle, standing tall, yet all closed up.
The ferns grew like crazy, too.
The five that I pressed look lovely. I'm glad I picked those before they were too large to contain in an inexpensive frame. (Michael's has 11x14 frames on sale for $5.00 this week with an additional 25% off!)
Besides the massive display of lavender irises, there are some bright yellows and scattered patches of rusty reds.
Next up will be the peonies.
There are five peony bushes in our yard. Three of them have buds. Two are just FULL of them.
Peonies.., I have peonies...

4 comments:
For the life of me I can not grow peonies. My neighbor, on the otherhand, whose idea of gardening is doing as little as possible, has a gorgeous peony alongside his house that's visible from my kitchen windows over the sink. What pleasure I get from standing at the sink and looking out upon those beautiful creamy-pink blooms!
I have peonies every year next to my neighbor's fence. Well, not this year because my husband decided to mow them (back when he could still walk). It makes me sad that my peonies are gone. :(
Beautiful flowers, especially the one playing ball and the other one dancing!
Happy Birthday. Your flowers are gorgeous and the kids are so precious. Looking forward to watching you with three of them.
Post a Comment