Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bye Dad


Today was my dad's funeral.
As far as funerals go, it was lovely.
My dad loved a good funeral, and I do believe that he would have been well pleased with his.


Tonight, THGGM and I drove to the cemetery.
He isn't buried in the same area as this mom and dad and two brothers.
So we drove around looking for a spray of flowers called "Dutch Garden".


Yes. There it is. In section 2A of the Grandville Cemetery.
I have quite a bit of processing to do. I had NO IDEA what this was going to be like. Sad, happy, relief, grief, extreme tiredness - to name a few of the emotions. Hard to pin them down, as they race through one behind another.




I'm sure much of my processing will happen here.
This is the devotional from Oswald Chambers book "My Utmost for His Highest".
It's the reading from the day my dad died.
THIS describes the kind of man my father is.
(click on picture to enlarge)
Again, thank you for all of your kind words in person, in comments and in emails. We have felt the prayers and the good wishes.
Now I'm going to go and have a good cry.

6 comments:

MissKris said...

We have an old copy of that book that belonged to Dear Hubby's grandmother...so much wisdom and beauty in the writings thereof. Oh, Judy. How I can so very well relate to what you're going thru. Moreso when my mom died, because she was the first parent to go. My mind felt like it was made of glass stretched so thin, the tiniest of breezes could've shattered it into a million shards. A good cry...more than one...was truly like the balm of Gilead, easing so much. Don't expect much out of yourself for a while -- reality's going to seem like it's a fog-world away. ((((((((((HUG))))))))))

anonymous said...

"Which are the people who have influenced us most? Not the ones who thought they did, but those who had not the remotest notion that they were influencing us."

"We always know when Jesus is at work because He produces in the commonplace something that is inspiring."

Wow.

I'm still praying for you Judy. I'm here anytime you need to chat. I'm not the wisest and have very little experience with this type of loss, but I can listen.

Annie said...

Dear Judy:

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious Mom. Thank you for keeping the blog updated so we know are you are doing.

Anne
The View from 256
theviewfrom256.blogspot.com

Debra said...

Again, you have so been in my thoughts and prayers these past few days. And you will continue to be. Thanks for sharing both your special parents with all of us. Hugs, Debra

joyce said...

oh, hey. Judy.
So Sorry. So very sorry.

What can I wish you?
xo xo

Anvilcloud said...

I sense that his and your faith brings you much comfort. And that is a good thing.