Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Today In My Life


This is what I see when I look up from playing the piano.
Not a lot of color, but I like the more subtle look.
I'm still in the process of floofing the trees and covering up cords. Just when I think I'm done, something else emerges that needs attention.
This afternoon I journeyed to the nursing home, alone, to visit my mom. She was in a very cheerful mood and we had a great time singing at the hymn sing. We even sang 'In the Garden'. I did not cry. Nope. Not THIS time.
Then, on the drive home I was flipping stations (something i DESPISE when i am the passenger, but do with wild abandon when i'm the driver.) One station was featuring a Carrie Underwood song on their 'download or delete' segment. It was "Temporary Home".
I lost it then.
It's a great song. Really.

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love Precious Moments and the scene that you have set on your piano looks just right to me. I love the lighting it looks so peaceful. I am glad that you had a good time with your mom yesterday.