Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Christmas Twenty-Five


1. Do you prefer egg nog or hot chocolate?
I much prefer hot chocolate, and am drinking some right now.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa's ELVES wrap the presents, don't they?
3. Colored lights or white lights?
White lights! Lots and lots of white light!
4. Mistletoe?
No. Not this year.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
The week of Thanksgiving. So glad this didn't ask when I take them down!
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish?
Anything with cheese.
7. What is your favorite Christmas memory as a child?
I don't believe I have one UNhappy childhood Christmas memory. I did always love the BIG family gatherings.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa Claus?
I cannot recall having a problem with this. Santa is as real as I want him to be.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Some years, yes. Most years, no.
10. How do you decorate your tree?
TREE? We have trees. I like a forest of small trees. There is one big one in the basement, but I have many scattered throughout the house each decorated differently.
11. Love snow or hate snow?
A clean layer of snow is beautiful to look out at from inside. Driving in snow is a totally different story and I absolutely hate to do that.
12. Can you ice skate?
I could. Haven't even thought of attempting it again.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
I remember being THRILLED to get Legos.
14. What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
The true story of Christmas is just so amazing. God breaks into history, as a baby.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Frosted cut-out sugar cookies! More please!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
On Christmas Eve I love to sit at the piano and play through my favorite Christmas songs.
17. Do you prefer giving or receiving?
I know it is more blessed to give than to receive, but I cannot say that I dislike receiving!
18. What tops your tree?
Most of my trees are topped with stars. With the exception of the bird themed tree, which is topped with, well, birds!
19. Do you like Candy Canes?
I like to put them in jars and hang them on trees, but this year hasn't been conducive to that. I'm not a big fan of peppermint, so if I can find the clove candy canes I'm a happy girl.
20. Favorite Christmas movie?
My favorite is Holiday Inn. It has sooo many great lines in it. Like, "We're looking for the back of a girl we don't know." And, it has Fred and Bing.
21. Saddest Christmas song?
"Where Will You Spend Christmas Eve?" - We sang this in high school choir. Nothing like being reduced to sobs in front of ones peers.
22. Favorite Christmas song?
Mine are categorized. But, to make this quick, my favorite hymn book song would be "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day", and my favorite secular song would be "Christmas in Killarney".
23. Who will you be missing the most this Christmas?
This will be the third year of missing my mom the most. It's easier to deal with my dad being gone, as he is in Heaven and I'm hoping will get to travel back and see the FIRST Christmas this year. It's harder with my mom, who lives a (mostly) peaceful and calm life at the nursing home. But I'm always wondering.., WHERE, exactly, is SHE?
24. What will you be doing the day AFTER Christmas this year?
Getting ready for THE family Christmas party.
25. What is your favorite way of relaxing after the Christmas celebrating is done for the year?
I like to sit down with a large stack of Christmas magazines and start dreaming of next year...

2 comments:

Karen said...

And the title of this had me thinking, yes, that's about what I gain, too.

That does it, I need more trees. That would solve my decorating dilemma.

Jeanie said...

This is a little bit different version of a Christmas meme I did a couple of weeks ago. What I liked about doing it was that it made me actually think about our traditions and not just do things from habit. Thanks for sharing your traditions and Christmas thoughts.