Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Morning Fun






THGGM had today off. We headed out early for breakfast. Even after breakfast it was still early and nothing had opened yet. So we drove to Holland. Still nothing had opened. Driving around Holland was fun.




Finally it was 10:00 and stores were open!




At our first stop I found four ironstone butter pats for 25 cents each. At our second stop I found the little doll. She wasn't much, but I can't recall her price. At our third stop I found the two china tea cups for 50 cents each.






THGGM found this. I believe by smacking his head on it.


More Lenox. Tassels for my salt shaker. An aluminum pot.




We had great fun. But next time I think we shall sleep in.








So true. So very very true.







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so, no thriftshopping on saturday? I always like your finds, but my, your DH smacking his head to that colourful window and not damaging either? I like leaded glass windows, our hall has one, when the house was built, 1926, it had sun from sunup to late in the afternoon. Then, 1928, there was a big house built next to it, only in hogh summer half an hour of colourful patches inside. So, choose well when you plan to fasten it with an eye on the grandchildren. Happy weekend to all of you, I am over my ears in hedgerow fruit canning, have to finish before tomorrow, bur oh, the joy of at least 15 cans for winter of freee fruit, I could not resist.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Been awhile since I went into a Thrift Store or the likes.
Never the less... I can still feel the excitement and my heart doing a little pitty pat thing as I anticipated what I might find inside. :0)

daisymarie said...

I really love the window for your window! And how cool is it to have butter pats. It reminds me of salt dips.

MissKris said...

One of my favorite verses, one of my favorite Psalms. No matter how many times I've read the Bible thru, the Psalms are always my favorites and I find some new nugget of wisdom and comfort in them every time.