Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, October 08, 2011

She Finds What She Is Looking For


Forty some years ago, when I was but a middle school child I used to spend the night with a friend who had the coolest clock I had ever seen. I looooved spending the night because when I could not sleep, I would watch the girl swing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.


So for forty some years I have been looking for a clock like that. At antique malls, thrift stores, and all those lovely shops that fall somewhere in between. My friends clock was a gift from her grandmother. My grandma gave me practical gifts, like underwear that my mom picked out.


About a year ago I started searching for one on Ebay. I bid on a few, but they all went too high, even though they had obvious problems (oh don't we all). Last week I found this one. It was helpful that even though THGGM's clock that he always wanted was a FANTASTIC deal, mine, I will have you know, was a whole lot less.


And now I am off to bed to read and watch the girl swing back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.



7 comments:

Rebecca said...

I think my grandmother had one with a girl swinging! Different shape of clock, though.... I wonder where it got to? It sat on a built-in shelf above the piano!!!! Lit up, too.

I'm SO happy you found this one.

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Sw......................eet! :0)

Mary said...

Well how cute is that. I certainly see why you were enchanted. I have never seen a clock like this but I also am enchanted. I love the scene behind the swinging girl.

Karen said...

I've never seen a clock like this. I can see why you liked it and wanted one for your own.

Janie Fox said...

I am jealous...much. OH and cute family pics. I wanna kiss that baby's face.

Melissa said...

That is cute...I've never seen anything like it

Anonymous said...

I must let the readers know that there is an inaccuracy in this post. The line "It was helpful that even though THGGM's clock that he always wanted was a FANTASTIC deal, mine, I will have you know, was a whole lot less" is not true. My dear wife's clock cost $25.00 MORE than mine. THGGM