Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Good-bye Roland Stycos - You Are Missed

Today our family celebrated the life of my brother-in-law.  The picture and short video clip are from his and my sister's wedding three short years ago.  I don't understand death at all, but that wasn't what we celebrated today, we celebrated life, and Roland certainly knew how to live.

4 comments:

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

So sorry for your families loss. <> Lisa :O)

Anonymous said...

I am moved by him playing, "All of Me" at his own wedding. How sweet.
It doesn't surprise me that your family would choose to celebrate your BIL's life, instead of focusing on the end of it.
May those happy memories bring comfort and joy during this time of transition.
Sending hugs and acknowledging Roland's life and how you all will miss him.

Jen

Pat said...

What a sweet way to share in the rememberance of a life well lived. I am so sorry for the loss your family is going through...may his memory stay forever in your hearts.

Tournesol said...

So sorry about your brother-in-law. I don't understand it either, it's hard to wrap your head around it.....