Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, February 01, 2013

For the Birds

My beautiful friend Melissa (www.thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com) made this fabulous piece of artwork and gave it to me!

The time and talent that went into making a piece like this just amazes me.

Notice the windows that surround an image from another page - that is sooo not easy to do.  I know this because I have tried and failed to do it well.


And those quotes!

Each one is perfect.
And look at all the color, and how it all works together.

Every time I look at it I find something more that I had missed.

Art is like that.  It is new every time one views it.


I posted these pictures in order, but blogger did not seem to think it necessary to obey me.


This is the back cover.

And yes, I would like to fly away.

Home.

If I weren't already home, which I am, and plan to stay.
This is my favorite book.  EVER.

Step aside Elizabeth Goudge and "The Bird in the Tree", THESE birds have taken your place in my heart.

You are now second.
I took some close-ups, but this post already had a lot of pictures in it, so I'll save those for another time.

Today the sun was shining in the most perfect way, reflecting all over the snow on the bushes under my front window.  It made for perfect picture taking, something that does not happen often in February, in Michigan.
And this is the cover!  Of course, it would have made more sense to see this picture first, but what can you do?

I found the perfect stand (on hand already) to hold the book nicely and still allow the ribbons room to do their ribbon-y thing.

Such a beautiful book.

And from such a beautiful friend, who takes what God has given her and blesses other people with it.


4 comments:

Mary said...

Beautiful book Judy! Gifts from friends are just treasures of the heart, aren't they? I love what you said, "takes what God has given her and blesses others with it." Stay warm and have a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

That is such a wonderful and creative gift.

Alice said...

Aaahhhh, that's fantastic!

Melissa said...

I like seeing it in its home!! I think it looks great on the quilt - looks like a lovely quilt!