Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, September 12, 2014

In My World

Today I am:

WEARING bue jeans and a long-sleeved gold tee shirt.  No socks.
READING Sandra Boynton's new book The Bunny Rabbit Show.  I know some kids who are really going to like this one.
WATCHING the noon news.  Well, I am taping it to watch later so I can skip over the political ads.  I HATE those, and there is not much that I hate.
PLAYING with pictures on my computer.  I need to make a few photo books but have never done this so I'm open to ANY and ALL suggestions.  Feel free to email me your successes and failures.
EATING chicken noodle soup.  It just seems like the kind of day for it.  This will be from a can, but I will doctor it up with frozen peas and a lot of pepper.
DRINKING coffee., with stevia in the raw and too much half and half.  Slowly we are replacing our furniture to match the shade of coffee we drink.  We spill way too much for adults.
WONDERING about a shooting that happened just down the street from us on Tuesday night at 9:45 pm.  I saw several police cars and stepped outside to see what was up.  I couldn't tell.  It wasn't until yesterday that a news item appeared saying that gun shots were fired into a house, with the spray hitting the houses on either side of it.  Not much else has been said about it.  This happened at the half-way point between our house and Youngest Son's family's house.  Ugh.  So.., I won't be walking outside to check on police cars anymore.  No one was injured.
.
PRAYING for two little children, grandchildren of friends of ours, who are battling leukemia.  One of them for the second time.  It is Childhood Cancer Awareness month, were you aware?
MAKING cards.  Or at least I'm planning too.  If I actually get around to it, you can be sure there will be pictures.
PERUSING Pinterest.  I love how they send me a heads up to "Boards You May Like".  Normally I'm not a fan of my computer blabbing about what I've been doing, but this one is helpful to me.
PLANNING for a calm weekend.  Yes.  That's the plan.  There is much work to be done around here, but it is just going to have to wait.
FEELING blessed!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Must have been the week for crime! While I was breakfasting with a friend on Friday morning, our local bank was held up just down the street from our house! Guns were involved!

Your "new" dishes are incredible! And I know what you mean about spilling coffee.