Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, November 23, 2014

October Vacation

 Just before sunset THGGM walked through this beautiful place.  I love it here.  SOOO peaceful.
 The light filtering through the leaves on the trees could not have been orchestrated any better for picture taking.  So of course, I took advantage of that, making the most of the remaining sunshine.

I believe I got pictures from every angle.  I can still imagine the smell of warm fall leaves and the crunchy sound they made as we walked around just being amazed.
And now for the "rest of the story".  A few weeks after our vacation I was plagued with a strange dream.  When I would wake up, I could not escape the feeling.  In the first dream an acquaintance of mine from high school kept following me around asking decidedly odd questions and totally taking up any personal space one might have in a dream.  It was weird.  Even in the morning, after a few cups of coffee, I just could not shake the feeling of this girl always in my face.  The very next night I dreamed about a different friend, although with the same name.  She too was following me everywhere trying to persuade me into believing that she was not the crazy one that everyone said she was.  In that dream I ended up running away from her, hiding in some corner in a basement hoping she would just go away. I woke up in the morning, tired, and with that same inexplicably odd feeling.  By afternoon I was STILL trying to figure out just what this dream could possible be about.  Even though both people in the dream were different, they both looked and acted very similar (not the case in reality though).  And they BOTH had exactly the same expression on their faces.  Later in the afternoon I was watching the movie "Lincoln" (i know, i know, i'm terribly behind in movies...) there was an actor that I knew from somewhere, but I could not remember where.  So, I paused the movie on her face and left it there until it came to me (did you know that mary lincoln's lady in waiting was jackie joyner keresy from the cancelled sitcom "The Neighbors"? well, you do now!).  Having figured that out, I thought I'd try the same process to figure out who this person was who was hanging around my dreams in such an annoying manner.  So, I stopped the movie again, but this time I tried to pull up the face that had been in the dreams.  It didn't take long and there it was in my mind.  It really felt like someone I knew, someone I'd been around, someone I'd seen a lot of lately.  Then it came to me (although i'm sure by now you have already figured it out...), she is the statue lady pictured above!  Yes!  That's it!  And really, it isn't all THAT weird that I felt familiar with her, as since we spent weeks without WiFi, I'd been watching slide shows of our vacation photos on the computer, and she appears prominently in those.  My favorite mode is the "zoom and fade" which meant that her face was front and center all day long.
Hey, look.  I tell you right off in my profile that I'm boring. Boring, but very rarely bored.

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

Hardly boring!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.