Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, February 03, 2015

So On Monday

 Monday was a "snow day" for our entire area.  Daughter had the day off, so I had an entire Monday to mess around with things.  Since I was having a bit of difficulty arranging things on this cabinet in the living room, I did some "shopping from home" by going deep into my basement and bringing up a few sewing machine drawers I had hidden away down stairs.
 At first it all looked somewhat dark, but then I discovered that I still had all of my Valentine's making stuff on the dining room table, where I found some scrapbook paper that seemed to work!  It's not glued down so I can change it out easily if I should desire to.
 It helps that I like to tweak.  Because I certainly shall be doing that!
 Every time I try to "edit" something, I find that I just cannot do it.  I have no sense of style at all.  Except for the simple fact that I want my home to give me that feeling that I get when I walk into an "Antique Mall Booth".  But I don't think that style is a "thing" so I'm on my own here.


I do obviously have a thing for doilies.  Most of these were picked up for under a dollar at the local thrift store that seems to over charge for many things, but sees no value in the hard work that goes into crocheting or tatting a doily.  My gain!

Also, vintage Dutch things catch my eye.  The kissing Dutch salt and pepper shakers are a recent gift from my Canadian friend Joyce.  Aren't they just the cutest?
Most of this stuff had been hidden away.  It was fun to get it all out and look at it again.  It took me all of Monday afternoon and most of Tuesday morning to get it just how I wanted it.  THGGM stood in front of it for minutes, unable to notice that anything was different.  I'm not sure, but I think that is a good thing.  If it isn't, please don't tell me...

4 comments:

Mitzi said...

I think your home is so charming. I know I could walk in and gaze around forever and enjoy every thing.

Debra said...

You have such cute stuff! I always enjoy seeing it. Always. Blessings, Debra

Anonymous said...

in the last picture there is a china farmer boy all in white on wooden shoes, behind yellow wooden shoes. His name is Bartje, please read Bartje wikipedia, it will be tanslated in English. There was a TV-series too, famous is he refusing to thank the Lord for the dried beans, he is about to - not - eat I won't pray for dried beans - ik bid niet voor bruine bonen still hgoes when one refuses to do something, all the time knowing he will do so in the end. DM

Karen said...

Your home is so cozy. I love the picture of the mother and two children.