Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, June 18, 2016

Random Thoughts on a Saturday

Things are going on as usual here in my little world.  It did take me awhile to readjust after our wonderful vacation to Traverse City two weeks ago. Then, school let out and now it is HOT.  So, therefore all I have are random thoughts.  Actually, I DO have a plethora of extremely deep thoughts, but for the sake of my sanity, I shall post just the random ones tonight.
1. I still have one more day of vacation pictures to post.  On our way home we drove down the Lake Michigan coast, beginning at Sleeping Bear Dunes.  It's so beautiful there I can never decide which pictures are the best.  But fear not, I SHALL post them.., some day.
2. I've also taken a hefty amount of pictures of the grand kids and of Jonge's baseball games.  And flowers in my backyard.  And all the construction happening all around us.  But for tonight, here is just one picture.  It is Hertsje and Broeder sporting the origami crowns we made yesterday.
3. Presently there is one week of summer vacation behind us.  If I weren't so tired, or overwhelmed by all the horrible news I think I would say I am enjoying it.
4.  A few weeks ago I promised Famke that she could have her girl friends from the neighborhood over to play this summer.  In her neighborhood there are no kids, but in ours their are two little girls just down the street.  So, I'm doing my BEST to let this happen.  I know it is good for her, and these girls love doing crafts as much as she does.  Sometimes, there are A LOT of children in my house.
5. It's been a bit harder for the boys.  The school at the end of our street is getting a complete overhaul and expansion.  In the past they could go down to the field to play in a wide open space. Soon, those wide open spaces will be gone, and I do not want to take ANY chances of the boys getting in the way of construction.  They had a little bit of trouble believing me about this new rule that is messing up their fun, but I am not playing any games with this one.
6. Oh, and speaking of construction, it starts early, that BEEP BEEP BEEP of vehicles backing up.  ALL DAY LONG.  Before too long we are going to be immune to that sound.  But, the construction is at the school my oldest two graduated from, and we are all happy to see it grow!  Still, there is the odd occasion when I want to yell at the top of my lungs, "Shut the BEEP up!"  But, I don't.  Because that wouldn't be prudent.  And it wouldn't help anyway.
7. Kado had a birthday this week.  He is now seven.  Last night was his birthday sleep-over.  He and Pake went to see the new Ninja Turtle movie.  I'm not a fan.  I stayed home and listened to the quiet.  I had nearly forgotten what that sounds like.
8.  In my spare time I've been reading "Charlotte Bronte, A Fiery Heart" by Claire Harman.  I'm just over half-way into it and am already planning to read all of her books again. Then back to Anthony Trollope. I have finished Dr. Thorne, after watching the Julian Fellowes interpretation of it on Amazon Prime.  The book and the four episodes are excellent.  I'm planning to have a summer FILLED with reading.  And making things.
9.  And yes, I have been busy making things.  The crowns in the picture above are one example.  Hertsje is totally into princes and princesses.  I think you can tell from the picture that Broeder isn't.  I've also made a few bird necklaces from beads and felt, and am working on a fairy light using a silhouette I made from a picture of Hertsje.  When I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing, I'm on Pinterest pinning cute ideas of things for us to do this summer.  And if this summer where 600 days long, I might get half of them done.  Oh, well.
10. Thrift shopping much, you might ask?  Why, yes!  Today we went to our favorite thrift store with Kado.  He found a Ninja Turtle for a mere 25 cents, and was THRILLED.  I found a box of Jenga blocks for a dollar.  And a Frisian flag, the flag of my people.  That was the first thing I saw when I walked in the door.
Well, that's all for random thoughts on a Saturday.  It's still hot.  I'm still tired.  Time to go read more about Charlotte Bronte.

No comments: