Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, October 28, 2017

This Week

 Let's see..,
I've done a few things in the doll room this week.
Two of the pictures I took last Saturday I had enlarged into posters to place behind the windows.
What a view the dolls have now!
11x14 prints were 50% off.
I think I may need to make a set for each season!
Yesterday while we were out I found another wooden rocking chair.
I think this winter I will crochet a few blankets, make a few pillows, turn some vintage hankies into aprons - things like that - and see if the grand daughters show any interest in learning how to make a few things for their dolls too.


This week I also found two wooden trivets at the thrift store.
They were  50% off (50% off is a "thing" with me) at only 50 cents I got them, figuring I could use them for SOMETHING.
The more I looked at them the more I thought they could be hung on the doll room wall to hang pans and things from.  I was going to twist up some hanger wire, but instead I removed a few peg board hooks from my work room.  It worked out very well!
An old wooden bench makes a great looking table for the work area in their kitchen.
 They even have steps to reach the high places!
I'm liking how the kitchen is coming together.
It isn't perfect by any means, but I like it!
 As I've mentioned before, the walls in our basement are yellow and the lights are florescent, so getting a decent picture is nearly impossible with no natural light at all.
But this gives you a general idea of what is going on.
I need to keep enough floor space and elbow room for two girls and occasionally a boy or two to fit in here with room to move around.
The cedar chest was in my closet, but it's been relocated down stairs and is presently holding the "eating area" of the kitchen.  It is empty, and has a lock and key which will be nice for storing things,  There is a china cabinet and I have a collection of tiny dishes, but I'm not quite sure how that will work if we have to keep moving things to get into the chest.  It's fun figuring those things out!
I found another set of "windows" which for now are just resting on the china cabinet. Not sure exactly how or where to hang those.  Hmm.., so much to think about...
My great find today was the wooden bench below!  It sort of has a church pew feel to it, but for now it is serving as a couch until I make one that I'm pleased with AND fits the space.
And look!  I added a mantel clock!




No comments: