Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, February 08, 2018

Making A Few Changes

THGGM found this lovely old cabinet a few weeks ago.

Last weekend we moved it into the dining room.

All week I'v been filling up the inside shelves with  dishes from another cabinet so we can move that one, take up the carpet under it and FINALLY paint the wall behind it.

We do nothing the conventional way.

Anyway, moving things around got me into the tweaking mood.

Not that that mood ever really leaves me.

Can't say that I'm much into decorating for Valentine's Day, but I do have a few things.

The tin heart is new to me.




 Not sure how the Sunbonnet Babies fit in, but I like them!

And the old Valentine's candy box makes a great backdrop to the swans.

This one is from 1949, as it says so on the back.

Lately I just can't seem to get enough of the old blocks. 

There truly is no accounting for taste.

Not that anyone has ever mistaken me for someone with taste.

What I do have are many things that can sort of go anywhere, something that around here we like to call "shopping from home".

Changed the arrangement on top of the piano too.

I think I like it.

I'll know for sure in a few weeks.







The top of the new cabinet is at the height of my nose.

This picture was taken by holding my camera over my head.

Standing right in front of it I can't see what's on it so well.

But it does seem to work from across the room!

Hopefully the old cabinet will be cleaned out by tomorrow morning and we can get the dining room put back together.

I've still got more things to wrap up to donate!

So far, I have yet to take anything back out of the donation box.  Yet.


No comments: