Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, August 19, 2018

Fall Ball Has Begun!

Well now.  That break from baseball was rather short.  It is now time for Fall Ball. 
I don't recall there being bugs at any of the other games in the spring and summer season (other than at the field that sits atop an ant hill), but they were out in full force this afternoon.
Dragon flies by the dozens (i tried to get pictures but they didn't cooperate with me), nats, biting black flies (i despise those things!) and these cute little sweat bees, which were in abundance, but seemed harmless. 
This field happens to be only a few miles from us.  I drive by it every time I bring these grand kids to my house and I never had any idea what nice baseball fields are here.
I learn something new everyday, which is a good things, as I really do not know much.

Anyway.., Jonge's team had two back to back games and they won both of them.
I think it felt good for the team to have a win that was definitely a TEAM effort.

 Although I love the sport, and would watch any grand kid compete in their chosen sport, one of my favorite things is getting to know all of the parks in this part of the state!
Seriously.  I did not know about them.
Oh, and there is also a hospital in view of the park.  That is also important to me!

This park is basically on the same street as the one the boys play at for their regular season, but about a 15 minute drive away. 
It's a straight shot to the airport.  I believe they were coming in a bit low today due to the low clouds.  I'm still fascinated by planes.
There are actually PEOPLE in a moving machine in the sky over our heads!  How do you EVER get used to that thought? I never will.
Sometimes I worry a bit about my strange interests, but airplanes, bugs,and clouds are more interesting to me than many of the things I'm required to do.  Hmm. 
Oh, and do notice that after Jonge was hit in the head by a fast pitch a few weeks ago, he has added a face guard to his batting helmet.  This seems like a wise move, and I hope that this is soon a requirement.
This is the last week of summer for the grand kids before they ALL head off to school.
Our lives will be changing, as for the first time in 12 and a half years I will only have kids here for a couple of hours ONE day a week.  This is going to be different.  My first order of business will be clearing out the abundance of toys I have amassed over the past decade.  It will truly be a test of WHO I actually bought those things for, them or me! 

No comments: