Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, November 24, 2018

Our Thanksgiving

This year, instead of heading north for Thanksgiving, Daughter and Son-in-law hosted the extended family!
The first thing I noticed when I came in was my grandpa and grandma's library table, all set to hold appetizers.  It was always the first thing I saw when entering my grandpa and grandma's house.  To be sure, I felt the connection.
Oldest Son made Brie en croute with apples and speculaas.  It was amazing!
I could go on and on about all of the amazing food we had, as it was all phenomenal.  It is every year!

I do not know how other people get their pumpkin rolls to roll up "round", but it never lasts long enough for me to ponder it with any depth.
We gave my Up North sister the year off this Thanksgiving.  She deserves it!  Her family has been hosting all of us for DECADES!
Wise people traveled from afar!
On the right is Oldest Son's roomate from college, who is originally from Maine, but lives here now.  We consider him part of the family, since his is so very far away.  And we like him!
On the left is Oldest Nephew who with his wife traveled all the way from Baltimore to be with us this year (i told you the food is always great!). Oh, and I see my Down South sister removing  even more delicious food from the trunk!
Great Nephew!
I was attempting to get a picture of everyone as they arrived.
Because I am super annoying like that.
This is Oldest Niece.  But she isn't old, just a kid really.
Up North Sister passing on the secrets of good gravy to Daughter.
Oldest Son, admiring (or is it envying) his cousin's beard.
Oldest Son had to shave his off this month as he was playing FDR in the musical Annie.
Son-in-law's first roasted turkey.
It was WONDERFUL, just like him.
Well, this is making me hungry!
I'll stop this post now, and hopefully find the time to post a few more pictures of our day, because.., well.., you KNOW that is what I do!
Hope your Thanksgiving Weekend was as blessed as ours!

My sisters and I.

No comments: