Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Saturday, November 04, 2006

My Thrift Shopping Finds

Be still my heart!
TWO books by Abraham Kuyper. Both in Dutch.
They had dozens of Dutch books today. If there are more on Wednesday when books are half price, I will get a few more.
(although, i do not know why.)
I thought this book looked interesting. I collect black books. Thumbing through it, I could tell it's a New Testament, but I could not venture a guess as to what language it is.
When I got it home, a slip of paper fluttered out. On it was written two words. Eskimo Bible.
And, more letter blocks for Baby Boy!

I found all these stamps and the 'still in the wrapper' Versamark ink pad for $2.00.
I have WAY to many stamps. I only wanted the paint pallet stamp, so the others were a bonus.
I also bought a children's book written by Pearl S. Buck titled "Matthew, Mark, Luke and John". It's about four homeless Korean boys.
Another thick envelop of iron-on transfers for embroidery was added to my slowly growing collection.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I am jealous!! Iron transfers!! I never find those!!

Kuyper and an Eskimo Bible - now those are cool finds!!

Judy said...

I know! And, today while antique shopping, I found even MORE iron transfers!

Ahhhh.

Anonymous said...

I love seeing all the things that you find and incorporate into your home from the thrift shops!!! I can never really see how I would use things when I see them but you are giving me some great ideas!!!
"Good Shopping!!"