To my delight, our backyard is FILLED with dandelions.
Wow. Flowers we can pick!
So, today Baby Boy and I headed out there for a picnic.
No one is sure why, but Baby Boy developed an inexplicable fear of flowers!
Even flowers I had embroidered on my shirt received a stern "NO!" from him.
Yesterday, Daughter and I were watching him play with the yellow duster that came with my vacuum.
He regularly dusts for me, so it isn't unusual at all for him to have the duster in his possession.JPG)
But, what surprised us yesterday was when Baby Boy pointed the yellow duster at a bouquet of cut flowers and CHARGED IT.
But, what surprised us yesterday was when Baby Boy pointed the yellow duster at a bouquet of cut flowers and CHARGED IT.
He made one quick move ramming the duster into the center of the arrangement.
Then he leaped backwards, turned to his mama with a look of horror and shouted, "WHOA!"
Whatever would make a little boy afraid of flowers, I do not know. But I feel awfully proud that he took it upon himself to try to save us from them!

7 comments:
Oh, how strange the little human mind develops, isn't it? My daughter was petrified of men with beards. Dylan's petrified of a really cool plush talking "ticklish" Cookie Monster I bought at a thrift store on Saturday. The first time I had it talk on Monday, he couldn't run away fast enough, lol! Is Baby Boy going thru that terribly shy stage? Dylan's SOOOOO bashful right now...just turns his head in to my shoulder and doesn't want to look at anyone.
I hope he is able to overcome his fear some day! I too, love dandelions. Only, not in my garden or on my grass. Only somewhere else.
oh you must continually kiss those cheeks of his non stop!!
Toooooooo funny. And it seems ironic to me that he used a yellow duster - seems like it would look like a giant yellow dandelion.
My girls love them too.
oh Judy, what a grammy you are! And I love dandelions! I always think that God's intent was to create a flower that Anyone could grow. Us crazy humans rebel, call then weeds, and round them up.
fear of flowers.. now there's a new syndrome!
Great pictures! I love dandelions.
I have always felt that dandelions were God's way of telling me that I can TOO grow flowers in my yard.
Post a Comment