Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, May 21, 2007

Beaded Bag


I found this beaded bag at the thrift store Saturday.
It appears to be very old, and as far as I can tell, it's in excellent condition.
There is no tag identifying it's maker.
In an antique store, this would have been locked in a case with a MUCH higher price than the $1.50 I paid for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

An interesting little purse...does look like something our grandmas or maybe great grandmas might have carried, doesn't it? Always fun to find treasures!

Arctic Fox said...

What a great find! I love the colours in it! I just signed out a book from the library on beading, but I don't think I have the patience for it - I have been working on a pair of beaded slippers for over 2 years now...maybe, just maybe, I will finish it one day.

Pat said...

What a beautiful find!
For years my daughter and I would do the historic home tour in Marshall, Michigan and I remember that one of the homes had a bedroom with these beaded purses hanging all around the room. They were so pretty!
You were fortunate to find such a treasure!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I want to shop where you shop!!!

Yvonne said...

THAT is the purse I was looking for to go with my dress for the Lilac Ball! I went with a silver beaded one that I paid $14.99 for. I thought that was a great deal - but now I am re-thinking that since yours was only $1.50!!!! Great find!