Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, May 15, 2007

For Me, a MEME From Me

Yes. That title does make sense. I was tagged by Me at www.thosenorthernskies.blogspot.com

Seven Facts about Me. Me, the boring one. Seven. Seven boring facts about me, then.

1. I love dandelions. Love them. I think they are beautiful. NOTHING is sweeter than a chubby fist full of dandelions. Today, I 'reseeded' my meadow of dandelions in the back yard by kicking off their billowy heads. It looked like snow. Baby Boy loved it, too.

2. I worry about the mother robin and her nest of eggs outside my closet window. She appears to be a single mom. There is no mate sitting in the tree, waiting to relieve her. I think that is very sad.

3. I haven't read a book all month. Except for children's books and Baby Boy's favorites. I thought I might read while I was sick, but all I did was sleep. I want to finish "The Bell Jar", and then I have Sylvia Plath's journals to work through. Yet, when I pick it up I just cannot do it. I might need something 'lighter' for the summer. It isn't like I don't have hundreds of books on hand...

4. I can pick any year of my life and go back to a specific memory from that time. It just seems such a waste to have lived life with portions of it unremembered and unaccounted for.

5. When I was in kindergarten, a friend of mine wet his pants. When his brother came to pick him up (he was a third-grader) he kindly removed his own sweater and wrapped it around his embarrassed brother and told him that no one would even notice. From that point on, I wished I had a brother. I thought they were wonderful. I still pass the store this brother owns, and I always remember what a remarkable person I thought he was, even in the third grade.

6. I'm starting to like the color combination of aqua and red. Just a year ago, I hated it. This is proof to me that I am still capable of change.

7. I once bought a mug at the thrift store because it matched one I had. When I got it home, I realized it WAS that mug. I had recently carted it off to the thrift store. Saturday, THGGM bought one of his shirts back from the same thrift store - on purpose. He just decided he still liked it.

There you go. Seven more boring things about me. There are MANY more, but, I wouldn't want to bore you...oh...wait...I would.

Now I'm supposed to tag seven people.

I'm not much of a joiner, and I don't handle rejection well, so if you want to do this - You're It.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

You must stop saying that you're boring. Like you, most of don't exactly live life in the fast lane.

joyce said...

Oh, Number Seven. How wonderfully human.
I wish I were boring like you!