Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Oh!


I LOVE this..., ..., ..., Publication!
I bought it on the rack by magazines, but this most assuredly does not have a 'magazine' price.
So, I forked over nearly $15.00 for this, and have found it to be worth every penny!
I bought it last weekend, and haven't even made it through the entire thing yet.
I have said 'OOOooo!' 'Ahhhh!' 'Be back in a minute!' more times with this 'publication' than I have with anything except maybe my favorite issues of Home Companion.


I'm getting really excited to buy some cheesecloth.
But, until then, I am tea-staining any bits of airy-breezy-cheesy material I can find.
I'm having great results with cinnamon tea.



I love how the material drapes in the picture on the left.
If I cannot get mine to do that, I will cry. I just know it.



But, I want to achieve this look.
So badly, that I almost unrolled bandage gauze, but then I figured that would just be playing with danger here.
update at Inky Fingers - www.judyh58b.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Cheese cloth is very cool :)

The way to any graduating dress at all had not seemed clear to Rebecca until a month before. Then, in company with Emma Jane, she visited the Perkins attic, found piece after piece of white butter- muslin or cheesecloth, and decided that, at a pinch, it would do. The "rich blacksmith's daughter" cast the thought of dotted Swiss behind her, and elected to follow Rebecca in cheesecloth as she had in higher matters; straightway devising costumes that included such drawing of threads, such hemstitching and pin-tucking, such insertions of fine thread tatting that, in order to be finished, Rebecca's dress was given out in sections,--the sash to Hannah, waist and sleeves to Mrs. Cobb, and skirt to aunt Jane. The stitches that went into the despised material, worth only three or four pennies a yard, made the dresses altogether lovely, and as for the folds and lines into which they fell, they could have given points to satins and brocades.

"I was dreadful ashamed to have you graduate in cheesecloth, Rebecca, but I couldn't help it no- how. You'll hear the reason some time, and know I tried to make it up to ye. I'm afraid you was a laughin'-stock!"

"No," Rebecca answered. "Ever so many people said our dresses were the very prettiest; they looked like soft lace. You're not to be anxious about anything. Here I am all grown up and graduated,

Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm

Judy said...

Oh! Me, thanks for posting that!

I'm just going to have to read that book, again.

joyce said...

how timely... I was just tea-dying some hankies yesterday and finding some new ideas for them. I bet we don't get that magazine in Canada, and its probably best. I've been buying mags and not having a moment to look through them, or put any of thier good ideas to good use...