Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, September 03, 2018

It's Monday, So I Made Things!

Yes, it IS a holiday here, but we made plans in advance to not have plans this weekend.
Whenever we do that we tend to do more things than if we actually did make plans! 
Oh, well.
This weekend I managed to make a few pumpkins with thrifted things I already had on hand.
Actually, they are dreadfully simple to do, as they are just yo-yos that are stuffed.
They still need a wee bit of floofing, but for the most part, I am pleased.
I also spent a little bit of time switching my picnic/lunch box shelves over to a more fall-ish look. 
The only new (although it is OLD) thing I added is the green lunch box on the far left on the bottom shelf. 
That one I found at Pinky's Place. 
The owners of Pinkys KNOW what they are doing!  Everyday they post about 30 pictures from the different booths around the place.  So, I guess you could say that I 'shop' there every day - which is kind of dangerous for someone like me who collects a plethora of interesting (to me!) things.
It had never occurred to me before to add the black lunch box.  I've always kept one on my fridge, because for all of my growing-up years that is where my dad's lunch box was.
But to change things up, I added mine to the shelf.  Now, this will not come as a surprise to anyone else, but it did surprise ME to find that I actually had TWO of them.  Now I need to find one more black thing to balance the color a bit.  There IS still room for something behind that fern next to the new green lunch box.
Oh, and strangely enough, I NEVER needed a lunch box for school.  Every lunch time from 1st grade to 12 th grade I walked home from school and had lunch with my mom! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am new here. Your home looks beautiful. Such pretty color combos. :) I love the quote in this picture...is that all of it? Do you know where it came from? Home is an extremely special word to all of us.

Everyone in elementary school [ Kindergarten to 6th ] went home for lunch when I went in the 50s. On gym day in elementary we were allowed to wear slacks for half a day only ..which half we had gym. We changed to them or back out of them into a dress during lunch at home. Girls and boys had gym separate. Lots of very good memories. Sarah

Judy said...

The quote on our fireplace is from Thomas Hood.

"Peace and rest at length have come
All the day's long toil is past,
And each heart is whispering,
Home, Home at last."

Thanks for stopping by!