Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, August 05, 2022

Friday At the Cottage (Part Three)

After dinner we checked out the cloud situation.

It looked like another amazing sunset could be on the horizon soon. 

Feeling hopeful!
Most of the clouds seemed to be north of us.
Sadly, we noticed that murkiness seemed to be to the south.
But look! Even through the murkiness you can see a ship leaving the channel.  
It is a little bit clearer here. Oldest Son with his new camera and great zoom could tell it had both an American and a Canadian flag. My camera couldn't catch that. 
Will we be able to see the ship as it passes under the sun?

We wait.

From our perspective, the ship seemed to be floating in space just above the horizon. 
By the time it was directly under the setting sun, 
the floating effect  wasn't as noticible. As it moved north it happened again, although by then it was too dark to capture.
Our last sunset of the week!

All SEVEN of them were wonderful.

I am well aware that the sun sets every day in my neighborhood, but it's just to neighborhood-y to capture the wonders of a sunset on the water. 

It is now time for bed.

I still have to finish the last chapters of my book, so good night! 
 

No comments: