Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, August 19, 2022

Summer Celebration!

Friday evening we met at Daughter and Son-in-Law's house to celebrate Famke's FIFTEENTH birthday the week before. 


Of course, there were many fun activities happening. Jonge took these guys on a golf-cart ride to the lake.
Hertje was thrilled with the shells she collected. There was also stone skipping, but I guess they skipped all of those.
All of the adults enjoyed watching Famke open gifts.

Those children whose birthday it was not, didn't.

Funny how that works.





After a delicious dinner of pizza, which I forgot to photograph because it was too fantastic not to dive into right away, Son-in-law started a fire for S'MORS1
I still find it shocking to realize the grandkids are ALL old enough to handle fire on a stick. 

But time marches on and they continue to grow up.

I wouldn't want it any other way.  

Although I DO love going back in time in pictures to remind myself that, yes, those adorable, interesting, funny kids who used to show up at my house early in the morning all those years ago, really DID start out small and have grown into kind, thoughtful, caring people. 




Daughter-in-law brought lemon curd. 

If you haven't replaced the traditional Hershey bar with lemon curd, you are really missing out.

It is amazing!


 

No comments: