Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Is it the weather?

Finally. It is a gorgeous spring day in West Michigan! YES! I believe I heard it was in the 60's. My back door is open, my loft windows are banging in the breeze...I turned the furnace to 'off'.

Hmmm...I might want to put some time into thinking about why I am sitting at a computer in a closet on this glorious day...but I will save that for a later date..

Anyway, today was doctor appointment day for my dad. For someone with the plethora of ailments this man has racked up in his 78 years, he was proclaimed to be in great shape! My mother also seemed to be functioning extremely well. She has been on a new medication for a month now, and I would have to say that it really seems to be working. But then, it is hard not to feel all healthy and perky on a day like today!

We celebrated the day by going to lunch at Old Country Buffet. I know. There are many people who hate those buffet places, but I had a wonderful meal, and could easily stick to my low carb ways (i could have. i didn't.). My mother followed the conversation completely, made no inappropriate comments (she does sometimes pick up conversations with total strangers, which is difficult for my dad and i, who barely talk to people we know!), and never repeated herself or asked what day it was. This is all wonderful, and I feel like skipping, although, I won't, as it wouldn't' be pretty. And, maybe it is just the weather.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

do i remember reading somewhere that you are a diabetic too?

Judy said...

Oh yes. That's me. And I don't like it.

Anonymous said...

well, i don't like it either but my numbers are good and have been for about 3and 1/2 years. and since i've been diagnosed i like going to those buffets because i can always make a huge salad and still be in check.

Judy said...

When I go there, I need to wear a tee-shirt that says:

"SAVE A LIFE.

STEER THIS WOMAN AWAY FROM THE ICE CREAM MACHINE!!!"

Glad to hear your numbers are good. I do well three weeks a month, and then, I don't know if it is hormones or lack of self control, but it's all over the place then.

Anonymous said...

i do the same thing when the monthly thing comes along, but i have found that their are many choices nowadays that don't make my numbers go whacky. meijer's has soy chips with a low carb count that taste pretty good with chip dip. throw in a few russell stover dark chocolate mint patties or their french chocolate mints, all sugar free, and i get positively giddy.

Anonymous said...

sorry....that anonymous is me...i just forgot to type my name.