Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, March 25, 2005

Thrift shopping, again.

Some closet cleaning happened here this week. Daughter helped me. She left with four boxes of her stuff, and a ficus tree I no longer want.

I ended up with three boxes to bring to the thrift store. So, of course, while I was there, I just HAD to look around.

Thrift stores are wonderful little shopping venues for people like me, who have less than two dollars in change left on a Friday.

I snagged 4 books for only 74 cents! Woohoo!

For 25 cents I picked up a hardcover Anne Tyler "Back When We Were Grownups". For a mere 10 cents, I got a paperback copy of "Moo" by Jane Smiley, and "Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind" by Ann B. Ross. And, for only 25 cents "Seasons of Motherhood" by Ruth A. Tucker.

It's that time. Time to slip between the covers. The covers of my bed, that blissful warmth, and the covers of a book that will carry me beyond myself and into the imagination of another.

1 comment:

Melodee said...

Lucky you! Anne Tyler and Jane Smiley are two of my favorites!