Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, March 31, 2005

When I grew up, I wanted to be...

I wanted to be a teacher.
I had three kids. I taught them.

I wanted to be a librarian.
I collect books, and occasionally loan them out. I also helped designed and implimented a book club for kids at my church called, "Club Odyssey".

I wanted to be a philosopher.
I've plumbed the depths ('why can't i?' - 'because i said so!')

I wanted to be a counselor.
I frequented a great one, and learned a lot.

I wanted to be an artist.
I made 'birthday posters' for my family.

I wanted to be a writer.
I blog. I email my friends.

I wanted to be a song writer.
I wrote 'You are the reason I scream, you can make a nice mother feel mean. I had no wrongs, til you came along, and now you're the reason, I scream!' I had to borrow extensively from Christine Wyrtzen's 'You Are the Reason I Sing".

I wanted to be a singer.
I woke people up singing 'Good morning, good morning, good morning! It's time to rise and shine!'

I wanted to be a pianist.
Actually, I didn't. My mom wanted that. But, I am. And my mom is happy about it.

I wanted to be a decorator.
I've come a long way from a 'Hollie Hobby' poster hanging over my twin bookshelf bed. Presently I'm thinking up ways to use the 8 table leaves I have stored around here.

I wanted to be a nurse.
I was given plenty of opportunity to change my mind about that one. Plenty.

No comments: