Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, April 03, 2005

Marla, from www.MarlaSwoffer.com passed this 'stick' on to me.

She said I am wise. That, I wonder about. Anyway, I AM game...(and thank you, Marla!)

YOU'RE STUCK INSIDE FAHRENHEIT 451, WHICH BOOK DO YOU WANT TO BE?

"The Time Tables of History". I know, it would be hard to memorize, but I couldn't imagine living without it!

HAVE YOU EVER HAD A CRUSH ON A FICTIONAL CHARACTER?

Why, yes, I have.
Oh...you want to know which one?
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit it, but I have always had a crush on Clark from Janette Oke's book "Love Comes Softly".

THE LAST BOOK YOU BOUGHT IS?

Yesterday I bought two, Randy Alcorn's "Heaven" which I passed along for someone else to read first and "Revelation - Four Views - a Parallel Commentary". Those were actually church library purchases. For myself, at my favorite thrift store, I bought the autobiography, "Terry Waite, Taken on Trust", which looks very interesting, and well worth the 59 cents it cost me.

THE LAST BOOK YOU READ?

"Because of Winn Dixie". It was very good.

WHAT ARE YOU CURRENTLY READING?

Amy Tan's "The Opposite of Fate"

FIVE BOOKS YOU WOULD TAKE TO A DESERTED ISLAND?

My Hebrew/Greek Lexicon Bible
"My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers
"Worst Case Scenario" handbook
"A Bird in a Tree" by Elizabeth Goudge, because it is my favorite fiction book ever.
"The Brother's Karamazov" as I believe that would be the only way I will EVER read it.

(it should be added here, that i have dragged way more books than this to a deserted beach...one called p.j. hoffmaster state park on lake michigan - i was on my own with this venture, as my husband and three wonderful children would have no part of toting my heavy book bag.)

WHO ARE YOU GOING TO PASS THIS STICK TO?

To Buddy at www.oxfordblues.blogspot.com because he reads things I would never dream of even attempting.

To Mel at www.melodee128.blogspot.com because she is my favorite writer.

And to this kid I know, who has a very new blog at www.evanishandsome.blogspot.com It is his birthday on April 5. He will be 21. (and, i must tell you that he once won the 'humility' award at his school...no one in the family can figure out why.)

3 comments:

Randi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Randi said...

Ooops! I didn't mean to leave my comment three times! Blogger was acting up and I didn't think it even posted! Next time, I'll just leave one!

Have a great day!

Judy said...

Randi, I don't know WHAT happened! I tried to remove the two extra, and blogger took them all! Yes, it has been acting up!

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who had a crush on Clark! I wept when he lost his leg.