Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Choose An Identity

I see this message when I respond to blogs. Oh, I fully understand what it means, yet I still delight in believing that I could actually choose an identity.

So, hang on, as this is what I would choose.

Child of God, Believer in Jesus Christ, Filled with the Spirit

Faithful Wife, Loving Mother, Understanding Friend

Writer, Pianist, Artist

Collector, Researcher, Avid Reader

Seeks Justice, Loves Mercy, Walks Humbly

Gracious, Merciful, Kind

Honest, Thin, Rich

Honestly, I am not thin or rich. The others? I long for them to describe me. Yes. That is the identity I would choose, or rather, the identity I strive to choose every day.

And you?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good point - me too. Only I'll add " fashionable, witty, and as smart as a rocket scientist. "

I'm going to do something EXTREMELY rude and nervy right now. I'm going to make a font request. But first, let me tell you about myself, in order to better sway you. I'm a Bible-believing Christian, 38-yr-old mom of 5, an ENFP married to an INTJ, and I LOVE your blog. The bathtub story had me in fits - I could hardly read it to my college-aged daughter for laughing so hard. I too love thrift stores, the Salvation Army being my personal favorite. *But* the font you use is hard on my eyes. I like the size, just not the actual font. It's dotty - like old pc font. Could you try trebuchet or arial?

Please excuse my rudeness.

One of your fans,

Jill
http://psalm103.bravejournal.com/

Judy said...

I will try. I'm not very computer literate. I had to change my blog to support links, and lost the template that I original chose, along with the more pleasing font. I'm not a fan of this one either.

Oh, and WELCOME!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that's my old blog, not in use anymore. ( But I think there's a link on it to my current one, so it doesn't really matter, just wanted to avoid confusion. )

Jill

Dora said...

I found your blog this afternoon by way of Mel and what a treat the last 20 minutes have been for me.
You've got some fantastic stuff going on here and I'm coming back again.