Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, May 16, 2005

My Favorite Kind of Story

I received an e-mail today from my friend Anne, who was my house guest a week ago. She and her husband flew in from Maine to stay with us while attending their son Justin's college graduation. Justin was Oldest Son's college roommate when they were both freshman. Now, our family refers to him as our 'Thanksgiving Cousin'. With her permission, this is what Anne sent me this morning:

Hi Judy!

This is so awesome I couldn't wait to tell you.

Justin left Sunday morning on his 20 hour bus trip to NYC.

While I was coming in to work he called the office and left a message that he had arrived safely and was in the Empire State Building. I didn't get a chance to talk to him but I have been praying all weekend that he would arrive safely and that he would meet someone to help him get where he was going.

When I checked my e-mail I had a message from Brian Bell. He is the director of admissions at King's College and his mother and father are friends of ours from Maine. The very first person that Justin met in all of NYC was Brian Bell. Justin stopped and asked this man if he knew how to get to King's College and he said, "I sure do. I am Brian Bell and have you called your parents yet?"

He took him to his office at the school and that was where he was calling from. If I wasn't a Christian I do not think I could believe such a thing could happen. What are the odds?! Definitely not a coincidence! Isn't that just so amazing?! I can't wait to hear from him and see how he likes the classes. I guess God must really want him there because despite having no money and having decided that he wasn't going to be able to go – there he is!

Hope you are having a good day!

It is rainy and damp here, but I am having a great day! - ANNE

Truly, God is in the details!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Judy... I love that story! It's really an encouragement wrapped up in a story. :o)