Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Friday, October 14, 2005

Long long ago, in a time far away from now...

a little girl lived happily with her family.

She had an oldest brother and a youngest brother. She had a frazzled mother and a father who adored her. She had a cat, but no dog.

When it was time for the little girl (who lived in a very bad neighborhood) to go to school her parents sat her down to talk about being safe. Oldest brother had safely managed to get back and forth to school with the help of some older friends who lived close by. He would not have talked to a stranger for fame or fortune.

Not so with the little girl.

Mother: What would you do if someone said to you, 'Come here little girl, I think I've found your lost dog.'

Little Girl: I would go look.

Mother: You don't have a dog.

Little Girl: I might know whose dog it is.

Mother: No. That isn't your job. Grown-ups help other grown-ups.

Little Girl: I think I might know whose dog it is.

Mother: You may not talk to strangers.

Little Girl: But what about the dog?

Mother: There is no dog.

Little Girl: But you said he had a dog.

Mother: He SAID that. He lied.

Little Girl: I would check to see if he really had a dog, or not.

Mother: But YOU don't have a dog.

Little Girl: I think I know whose dog it is.

Mother: THERE IS NO DOG!

Little Girl: But I REALLY think I know whose dog it is!

Mother: AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

In that time far away from now, the mother hired a boy from the neighborhood and paid him to HOLD THE LITTLE GIRL'S HAND all the way to and from school.

2 comments:

Melodee said...

And now you have this story to tell which made me laugh, so for that, I am thankful.

Linda said...

Smart mother.