Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Monday, October 31, 2005

Styrofoam Heads

I thought I would post this picture, as it shows two of my styrofoam heads. On the right is 'Queen Daphne's mink hat', the other is a more recent find.

Also, in the window you can see the 'new' window which is resting there until it gets hung up properly. I love how it looks!

Yesterday, while The Husband God Gave Me was home, we rearranged the entryway. It doesn't look like this anymore.

Actually, we rearranged just about everything in the house. Because once we start moving one thing, everything has to move.

Saturday while we were out antique shopping, we found a very cheap bookcase. We bought it because we are in the market for bookcases, and this one was the right price. This was the reason for all the moving around. The bookcase is now sitting on top of an old oak dresser. I added all of my stacked green books to the bookcase, in an effort to declutter the livingroom. I've also gathered up quite a few books, magazines and assorted other junque to bring to the thrift store. I'll be acting on this impulse to declutter promptly, before it goes away and the other much stronger impulse to hoard things for a rainy day takes over again.

Today my only purchases were two paint brushes that were on sale at Michael's, and an ultrathin point pen for a journal I am starting.

I went to the grocery store to buy candy for any possible trick-or-treater's we might get tonight. They had NO Hallowe'en candy left. None at all. I thought of passing out candy canes, as they did have plenty of those (it is STILL only October!) So, if you come to my house tonight, you just might get a book of obscure poetry, a dictionary of quotations or a complete set of Country Living magazine from 1980. Who knows - I just may throw in a head or two.

No comments: