Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Tuesday, October 25, 2005

'Tis Two Months Before Christmas

'Tis two months before Christmas,
And all through the house,
All my creatures are stirring,
Yes, even a mouse.

The children are nestled
Well into their lives,
With visions of futures
As husbands and wives.

The stocking are lacking,
We'll be needing one more,
For the unborn little boy
We already adore.

Husband in his condo,
And I here at home,
Are adjusting somehow
To this living alone.

When will we have time
To buy all the gifts?
We'll have to go shopping
In separate shifts.

The recipes are stacked
In piles quite high,
For the day that I bake,
Which is soon drawing nigh.

Daughter is coming
To work on some presents,
To give to the guests,
And maybe some peasants.

This house will need cleaning,
And shining and buffing,
And soon you will find me
A huffing and puffing.

On Visa, on MasterCard,
On Credit, On Debit.
I've nothing at all
It's cash, or don't get it.

Away to my plans,
I scamper and scurry,
It's only two months
So I have to hurry!

But it will be worth it,
I've known all along,
In two months and one day
I'll be sad that it's gone.




1 comment:

blueyedtracy said...

I love it! And I'm so behind.