Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, October 27, 2005

Morning Journal Entry

October 27, 2005

Woke up late due to staying up to watch the White Sox sweep the World Series.

Woke up feeling alert and perky (this is unusual).

Changed the sheets, and generally spruced up the bedroom (also unusual).

Went downstairs.

Said 'good morning' to the deaf dog. (see? i really WAS perky!)

Opened back door to let dog out.

Noticed gray thing floating in dog's water bowl. A dead mouse.

Did not even scream (extremely unusual).

Continued to let dog out, loaded washing machine with sheets.

It's still there, but I did NOT SCREAM!

Youngest Son will be getting up soon.

Made coffee.

Wrote journal entry.

Coffee's ready.

Note to those who do not have mice: My dog is 16 years old. She is deaf. Her food bowl MUST always have some food in it, or she will yip. And I mean a good shrill annoying yip. And, she will not stop until there is food in the bowl. So, the mice enter my back porch through the two dryer vents - one leading to the garage, the other to the back yard (we haven't had a dryer in two years). While skipping happily over to the dog food bowl, they occasionally inadvertantly slip into the water bowl - or so it seems. Now, for those interested, I HAVE plugged up those vent holes quite well. But, mice have the ability to turn into a liquid and just pour themselves into wherever it is they want to go. Really. I have seen them turn into liquid and exit through a tightly sealed door. But, when plunged INTO a liquid, they tend to lose this ability. Although, if left in there long enough, I just bet they would.

I am no longer alert and perky.

Two mugs of strong coffee, here I come.

2 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Buy the pooch a huge bowl; catch more mice.

Linda said...

I too have a problem with mice. Maybe I should get a dog with a big water dish.