Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Sunday, November 06, 2005

Random Stuff

I've only brain power for random stuff.

I'm still rearranging furniture.

I've five new magazines to read.

I'm making stuff for Christmas.

I've a mad craving for popcorn.

My blood sugar is high.

My dad has been in the hospital since Thursday.

The Husband God Gave Me woke me in the middle of the night, jumping out of bed and yelling "WHAT IS THAT? SOMEONE IS POUNDING ON THE DOOR!". It was thunder. I laughed.

Tomorrow we get a new dryer. It's been over two years. I cannot wait. I hope installing it is as easy has THGGM makes it sound.

I've got the stuff to connect cable internet. Now I have to figure out how to install it. I'll add that to my list of things I am supposed to be figuring out. Simple things like choosing a prescription plan for my parents. Ugh. I feel SO ill prepared.

The leaves here are still gorgeous. Especially the Red Norway Maples. And the poison ivy vines.

My sisters and I are the best daughters in the whole world. I know this, because my mom told me. My mom NEVER lies.

She also told me that she has the best grandchildren in the world. She named all eight of them and said wonderful things about each of them. Sometimes she forgets things. But love, it truly does go on forever.

I tried to write a poem tonight. This is all I've got...

oh woe is me
my brain is shot
i need to think
but i cannot

how can it be
november six
i've still so many
things to fix

i'll feed the cat
and dear old niki
then off to bed
as i feel icky

by morning's light
i will be up
to linger over
my coffee cup

my random stuff
it must now end
i hope this posts
when i hit send





No comments: