Welcome to Anybody Home!

Here you will find scattered pictures from my point and shoot camera, random thoughts from my little world, treasured memories of days gone by, hopeful dreams of the days yet to come, and a bunch of ideas - because I've always got ideas!



Thursday, December 01, 2011

To the Tune of "Put On a Happy Face!"

This post first appeared in December of 2005. My Decembers are rather predictable. Like my mom always said, "It wouldn't feel like Christmas if Judy wasn't sick!" Funny lady, my mom.

Your cough will never clear up
Put on a happy face
Slather yourself in make-up
Order it by the case
And spray Lysol
All over the place
Just put on a Happy Face!

Pick out a pleasant outfit
Tuck in that double chin
Brush off that full of phlem look
Fasten up your Depends
And keep cough drops
All over the place
Just put on a Happy Face!

You have to go to work now
You have a lot to do
None of it gets put on hold
Just because you've got the flu
So take your cough medicine
Rejoin the human race
And put on a Happy Face!

3 comments:

Pat said...

Oh my gosh..you got me laughing so hard!
This needs to go inside a get well card!
Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative! I admire your ability to have a sense or humor when feeling bad!
nancyr

Mary said...

That was perfect. Only I used 'Poise' instead of Depends when I was coughing so much. I will send a prayer that you will recover well before Christmas.